Friday, December 17, 2010

Give back.... all year

As God challenges me to give more, to invest in eternal rewards, I am praying He is giving you whispers and promptings to do the same. I gave a challenge on FB for people to give up their preferred coffee vendor for a week and to donate that money to a greater cause. The response was....nothing, surprised? No.

So I am posting it on here also. Some people spend $3-4 a day on a fancy coffee drink. For a 5 day work week that can be $15-20, or $780 a year. I am just asking for you to give that $5 or $15 to something that will have a lasting impact.

I would even suggest if you will give up that drink to go a step further and start purchasing your own coffee from a fair trade and local income supporting supplier like this Gobena. We all can make little changes to make a big impact, but you have to start.

Would you like to give a special Christmas gift this year to your friends and family? Why not give a gift that will help save lives? In His Hands Orphans Outreach is raising money to build and furnish five orphan homes in Gulu, Uganda that will house 50 children. You can find their website here InHisHands. I will be matching donations given dollar for dollar up to $200.

Spread the word, send to your friends and family and lets do something for the least of these. We can make a difference! Thank you and may God bless your sacrifice.

R.B.

2 comments:

  1. Great challenge Roger, thanks for making it so easy to give. I read your blog and since I have known you for several years now I know that your words match up perfectly with your life. God Bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for posting the challenge and encouragement to see the bigger picture. Your perspective inspires me not in a dutiful, guilt begruding kind of way but of an honest joyful call to care for the things that God cares about. Remember I was reading your blog when you thought no one was....you are making a difference Roger Bachman. Love Amy

    ReplyDelete